Central Church of Christ Phase 2 – Opening Back Up Starting June 1, 2020
A loosening of several mandated Covid-19 restrictions will allow us to begin to consider how we can begin to allow other activities to begin meeting again starting June 1, 2020. While there is a loosening of restrictions, there are still guidelines we have to follow when we have gatherings at the building.
It is still encouraged that all vulnerable Iowans, including those with preexisting medical conditions and those older than 65 to continue to limit their activities outside of their home. If you have run a fever 24 hours before any activity, STAY HOME! This is for everyone’s safety.
When you are gathered, please maintain the social distancing protocol of 6 feet between family groups and/or individuals.
Sunday Mornings We will continue to broadcast our worship services online on Sunday mornings, and we will continue to maintain our online format during our live worship service. Remember, if you are at high risk, or if you simply do not yet feel comfortable with meeting again, it is okay to continue to worship with us online.
Other things to keep in mind for Sundays…
- We ask that you plan not to arrive before 9:50 unless you are serving as an usher or on the worship team.
- When you arrive please sit in a group of chairs the size of your family unit. Please help us by not having empty chairs as this limits our seating capacity. Once group capacity is met we will have to overflow to the Worship Center/Sanctuary.
- There will continue to be no nursery or children’s ministry programs provided during the worship service. If you have young children, please bring your own ‘busy bag’ items (small toys, crayons, etc.).
- We ask that you stay in the Family Life Center area only, we are trying to keep certain areas of the church building closed off to minimize the amount of cleaning and sanitizing that we have to do between events.
- We will continue to be unable to have the Hospitality area (no coffee and snacks).
- We will continue to NOT have Bible School classes.
- On Sunday mornings, we ask that everyone please use the Family Life Center entrance only.
- During the week, we ask that everyone use only the Office entrance.
Life Groups, Small Groups, Bible Study groups, etc. Groups larger than 10 people are no longer restricted, but six-foot social distancing still has to be maintained.
For Groups using the building:
- Groups are asked to meet in the Worship Center/Sanctuary only. This room allows for the largest group (outside the FLC) for group meetings.
- Have a designated person in your group to set up for your group, and to clean up (wipe down and disinfect) after your group has finished meeting.
- Open food is not allowed; no potlucks or open snacks.
Walkers The church building will be open for walkers during office hours only (Monday-Friday; 9:00 am to 2:30 pm). We ask that you call ahead before you come to walk.
Other Notes: • We are planning to continue to use the Family Life Center for our worship services for the foreseeable future, therefore, it will be unavailable for dinners, kid’s play space, and sporting events.